· Enter a firmware password in the fields provided, then click Set Password. Remember this password. Quit the utility, then choose Apple menu > Restart. Your Mac asks for the firmware password only when attempting to start up from a storage device other than the one selected in Startup Disk preferences, or when starting up from macOS Recovery. Enter the firmware password when you …
· Apple allows iMac and MacBook users to set a password for their firmware so that no intruder can go in there and change core device settings. Apple helps authorized users reset their firmware password
· Firmware password security improved on new MacBook Air & Pro. which includes:-----It's possible that as newer Macs are released, they too will have the enhanced security that Apple has provided to the current MacBook Air and Pro lines. -----And from the recently updated support article mentioned earlier:
Boot up your Mac, and you should not see the firmware lock again. Disable the Password With Firmware Password Utility. Restart your Mac while holding down the Command + R keys to enter Recovery Mode. When the Utilities screen appears, go the Utilities menu bar, and select “Firmware Password Utility”. Choose to turn the Firmware Password off.
· Reboot the Mac and hold down Command+R to enter recovery mode. At the Utilities screen, go to the Utilities menu bar item and choose “Firmware Password Utility”. Select to turn the Firmware Password to OFF. If this is successful it will tell you the firmware password is off.
Hi, everybody. I'm Wilson, as you see on the forum. Well, I got a MacBook Pro early 2011 that I bought from a friend 2 months ago. The firmware is protected by a password, and I cannot boot form my HDD. When I googled it, I found that the firmware password should be removed or reset, but I don't know how to reset it. Please help me, because I ...
· There is a very easy way to bypass the iCloud lock on your Macbook. Follow this simple steps and in no time you will have your Macbook unlocked. FOLLOW ME IN...
You can't turn back the clock--But you can wind it up again.